Welcome to Hollywood, and welcome to the Hollywood Neighborhood Association (HNA) website!
Below are a few links and events to help you get started:
We’d love to have you! And right now, especially, we’re looking to grow our membership. So, what do you do?
First of all, what does it take to become a member? Well, basically, if you are a renter, homeowner, or business owner in the Hollywood district (see the map of Hollywood neighborhood if you’re not sure), you are a member.
But simply living and working here doesn’t necessarily give you a chance to be heard and make a difference. So, how can you be active in the things that impact your neighborhood?
Just show up at the next meeting.
- Join us at the next general meeting. This is when the board updates everyone on recent votes and/or actions. PLUS, visiting speakers come to tell us all about upcoming events and opportunities to get involved in the neighborhood and make a difference where you live. This includes tree plantings, community events, graffiti removal, and street and neighborhood cleanups.
Sign up to receive our email newsletter.
- If you can’t make it to the meetings, we still want you to stay informed and have a chance to be heard on any issues affecting Hollywood. But we also want to offer ways for you to meet your neighbors and have some fun. Probably the best way to do that is to get regular updates straight to your inbox. (Don’t worry, we won’t send that many. Maybe two or three a month, on average. If there is something very important or time-sensitive, you might receive more.)
If all else fails…contact us!
- Really, we’re quite friendly, and usually we’re easy to get a hold of. (Once you get to know us, you’ll start to realize you see us all the time around the neighborhood.)
- We’re also always looking for committee members. For example: Land Use, Communications and Outreach, Environment and Sustainability. If you have experience and/or interest in these, let us know! If there’s something you see missing from this list, and you’d like to lead the charge (or just give us a good idea)—definitely let us know!
More ways to get involved:
- Become our next Board Chair: Our Board Chair is currently open. If you’re interested, please contact us.
- Communications and Community Outreach Committee: Email Jo Schaefer
- Safety Committee: Please contact us.
- Become Land Use Chair: VACANT. If you’re interested, ]Send Message to Jo Schaefer
- Sustainability Committee: We’d love to revive this committee! If you’re interested, please contact us.